John is consistently one of the top-producing brokers in the Woodstock-Hanover area, successfully selling/closing over $100 million of real estate deals since founding the firm ten years ago. His clients value his down-to-earth, straightforward approach to business, his high level of energy and enthusiasm, knowledge of the market, and ability to help clients smoothly accomplish their objectives towards a successful purchase & sale. While he excels with luxury properties - assisting over twenty-five (25) buyers and sellers of luxury properties sold/closed over $1 million in the past three years alone - John also enjoys helping his local friends with their real estate needs.
More than a decade ago, John and his wife, Ellen, relocated their young family to the area from Connecticut, where he had run a $30 billion portfolio management team at JP Morgan in New York, then raised capital and managed client relationships for a $2 billion private hedge fund in Greenwich CT. John and Ellen have designed, renovated and built many lovely homes over the years, and thoroughly enjoy the process. John is always enthusiastic about sharing those design-renovation ideas and experiences with his clients.
Over his business career, John has travelled extensively (28 countries and 46 of the U.S. states) and has been actively involved in our local community and served on or chaired several local non-profit boards. John earned a BA-History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and an MBA-Finance & Marketing from Cornell University, during which time he was selected to attend the London Business School, where he earned highest honors.
John's hobbies include hiking with his family and their two jack russell terriers, Poppy and Finn, snowshoeing, biking, golfing, skiing, and playing live music. John absolutely loves the quality of life and the healthy, beautiful outdoors in this special part of New England.
John Snyder’s Recent Luxury Sales (Sold/Closed):
• GRACEMERE - South Woodstock - $3,750,000
• SUNNYSIDE - South Woodstock - $3,350,000
• WYMAN LANE - Woodstock - $3,050,000
• PETERKIN HILL - South Woodstock - $3,000,000
• LONG WAY HILL - Barnard - $2,650,000
• SILVER FOX FARM - Woodstock - $2,100,000
• WEED HILL - Hartland - $2,090,000
• TWIN PONDS - Barnard - $2,000,000
• 16 PLEASANT STREET - Woodstock - $1,750,000
• 1018 DEERBROOK - Woodstock - $1,500,000
• STONE POND - Barnard - $1,450,000
• RANDALL ROAD - Woodstock - $1,370,000
• PROSPER ROAD RETREAT - Woodstock - $1,350,000
• HIGH VIEW COTTAGE - Bridgewater - $1,350,000
• MOOSE HILL - Barnard - $1,320,000
• SIX WILLOWS FARM - Hartland - $1,300,000
• BROOK CROSSING - Pomfret - $1,150,000
• DENSMORE HILL - Hartland - $1,150,000
• NOAH WOOD ROAD - South Woodstock - $1,080,000
• KEDRON VALLEY FARM - South Woodstock - $1,030,000
• CARLTON HILL - Woodstock - $1,022,000
• OATWAY FARM - Pomfret - $1,100,000
• WILLOW POOL FARM - Pomfret - $1,000,000
• 11 MOUNTAIN AVE - Woodstock - $1,000,000